You will like to know that spinach has a very low fat content but it is super protein. At first glance you see a field sheet, plain and simple, but it is a most grateful vegetable. Rich in fiber, proteins, vitamins and minerals and carrier of antioxidants such as flavonoids and carotenoids. In addition, it is a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids.
Among the minerals, the calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus. As for vitamins, spinach is rich in vitamin A, C, E, and K, as well as in vitamins of group B (B6, B2, B1) and folic acid (vitamin B9).
It is not that you are going to get like Popeye and suddenly you get muscles and you acquire superpowers but, thanks to its nitrates, the consumption of spinach will increase your muscular strength, according to scientific studies.
More benefits of spinach
Amil López Viéitez, Doctor in Pharmacy, nutritionist and creator of the Coherent Diet, tells us what happens in your body when you eat this vegetable:
- Help in weight loss diets. Its high fiber content improves intestinal transit and is very satiating.
- Prevents anemia and favors a better sports performance, due to its high iron content.
- Strengthens bones and teeth. Calcium prevents osteoporosis. Being associated with magnesium, its action is synergistic. In addition, magnesium reduces muscle cramps and promotes relaxation and sleep.
- Prevents premature aging and cancer. Its antioxidants (vitamins A and C) are the reason. According to the expert, "Vitamin A improves visual health, Vitamin C favors the formation of collagen and Vitamin B6 improves vitality and is an energetic cofactor and of many enzymes of metabolism".
- Its content in inorganic nitrates helps reduce stress.
The Spanish Heart Foundation (FEC) recommends the moderate consumption of spinach as prevention of cardiovascular diseases, since a study has shown that the intake of spinach helps reduce blood pressure.
You are also interested ...
Benefits, properties and 4 couscous recipes
Turmeric as a healthy alternative to ibuprofen
The 30 foods with iron that will make you forget the headache and fatigue